Senior Drupal Developer
Software Engineering | San Antonio, TX | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- The contractor shall utilize standard website design recommendations published by W3C and IETF for all web- site development activities.
- The contractor shall ensure that all websites are responsive and support viewing on modern computer internet browsers, tablets and mobile smartphone devices.
- The contractor shall assist with the development of eight modernized standard website templates that could be used for all Federal Defender websites. The contractor shall maintain and update these templates as necessary to support changes in website technologies.
- The contractor shall ensure that all websites use one of the approved standard templates and report back to the COR with any instances of non-standard Federal Defender websites.
- The contractor shall develop websites that are compatible the FDO standardized platform: Drupal CMS 7 or higher.
- The contractor shall be able to program the website to display dynamic content including, but not limited to, SQL database queries, external JSON files, 3rd party API calls.
- The contractor shall be able to program an interactive website such that input received from a user will be processed and relevant results are displayed graphically on the screen. Samples of this could be querying a data- base, office directory lookup, etc.
- The contractor shall be able to program the exporting of data from parts of the website to standard text formats including TXT, CSV, XLS, etc.
- The contractor shall perform regular security patching of websites to the latest version publicly available
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Four years of professional, relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or High School Diploma plus 7 years’ experience
- Three years of experience developing and maintaining the Drupal 7 or higher con- tent management platform
- Experience with Drupal in a multi-site configuration is preferred.
- Experience with Drupal in a decoupled configuration. Experience writing custom functionalities/modules for Drupal.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.