Senior Contracts Administrator
Corporate | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
We are seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator who will be responsible for managing critical contractual formation and management, obligations of high risk and visibility. Candidate will need to bring a high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the company and an understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts and supplemental acquisition regulations of government agencies.
Job Description Summary:
- Provides contractual domain expertise in implementation, execution and administration for both competitive type contracts as well as sole source and directed Prime and subcontract customer awards;
- Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members to identify risk assessment and mitigation;
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications for both products and services;
- Negotiates proposals, contract modifications, and agreements as required within the limits of authority delegated by the upper management;
- Provides contractual guidance to business team members to develop appropriate Statement of Work;
- Notify upper management and site Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company;
- Manages and integrates daily work activities to ensure efficient compliance with corporate, contract, and legal requirements;
- Acts as advisor regarding customer contract requirements, and government regulations;
- Manages the process for updating contract information in the contracts database ensuring all data is current and complete;
- May mentor and train less experienced professionals;
- Manages the proper coordination of various types of agreements, subcontracts and other contract/legal documents with accounting, legal, program management and other organizations as necessary;
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience;
- 6-8 years of related experience in contract administration;
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to get a polygraph
- Excellent use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues;
- Strong internal and external negotiation and analytical skills.
- Good presentation, leadership, communication and team-building skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong experience working with spreadsheets
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.