Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Software Engineering | Reston, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Senior Cloud Systems Engineer you will be supporting a technical development program supporting the Sponsor’s Entitlement Programs as well as IdAM /ICAM, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes and Digital Policy Management. You will design, develop, and implement a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to use cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation. This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements. Supports the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS, develops innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience, security patching, support of Servers in an AWS environment. This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with IdAM / ICAM delivery systems, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes
- Entitlement Management and Digital Policy Management
- Experience with security accreditation process
- Experience with Cloud/Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS
- Experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments
- Experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and J-Unit.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables
- Experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Minimum of one AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate)
- 3+ years of C2S experience
- Cloud formation
- Server less architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.