Senior Capture Manager
PMO Support | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Applied Insight provides leading edge solutions and professional services to our nation’s Armed Forces in the areas of Commercial Cloud, DevSecOps, Cyber Security and Mission IT systems and support. We are seeking an experienced Senior Capture Manager with the proven ability to develop and win new business.
As the Senior Capture Manager, you must thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the full business development lifecycle. You will be expected to routinely own, execute and manage 2-3 large pursuits and proposals simultaneously that are in various stages of capture. This includes successfully leveraging your contacts and relationships within the government and with potential teammates; owning and managing the capture process including strategy, briefing, planning and coordinating; and your active participation in all aspects of the actual bid and proposal process (including some proposal content development, scheduling and coordination with subject matter experts, solution architects, tech writers, contracts, pricing, staffing, recruiting, and the proposal manager).
You will excel in this role if you are:
Able to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external resources) to achieve the vision through the final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post-award.
The ideal candidate will have previously served as a capture manager with proven experience and a track record of wins supporting DoD/Armed Forces customers.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Proven track record of successful capture management in Commercial Cloud, DevSecOps, Cyber Security and Mission IT systems across multiple organizations and program offices inside the Armed Forces/DoD
- Proven track record of leading large captures and winning those competitions
- Proven ability to develop and manage a multiple opportunity pipeline
- Possess strong leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to build strong coalitions and work cooperatively with individuals both horizontally and vertically within the organization in order to get results from teams that do not report directly to you
- Experience developing senior level executive relationships with the DoD, Service Branches and other Federal Government Agencies
- Experience in technical writing and proposal content development
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience briefing executives
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 15+ years of related experience
- US Secret clearance or higher
- Willingness to travel to support customer visits and strategy workshops as needed (estimated up to 25% annual travel as required, post-COVID)
- Although not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates that possess prior experience in leadership positions within the Armed Forces/DoD, or possess a strong understanding of such
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.