Senior Back-end Developer - Secret
Software Engineering | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Working with clients and system engineers to vision new capabilities to solve real-world DoD problems. Additionally, as a senior developer, you will be mentoring and working with other junior level developers to implement proposed solutions in latest technologies.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build modern-day serverless/micro-services based Web apps.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as Python, Django, Lambda, Serverless, SQL/NO-SQL and other AWS technologies (RDS. EC2, SQS..).
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop a solution for government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 10 years of technical experience with a strong fundamental understanding of application development such as API design, deployment, and maintenance.
- Experience with designing and deploying API endpoints.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies.
- 5+ years' experience building web applications to support user workflows.
- Experience with web backend integration, including RESTful web services, messaging, user authentication/entitlements, JSON data management, and user session/preferences management.
- Active Secret clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Kubernetes certification.
- AWS Certification.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies and the Atlassian suite.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.