Internal Application: Senior Application Developer
Software Engineering | Arlington, VA | Part Time
Senior Application Developer
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Design, develop, and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Lead engineering teams, building enterprise solutions, and contributing to national-level cyber security policy
- Evaluate system vulnerabilities in order to recommend security improvements as well as improve efficiency while aligning business processes with technology initiatives.
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 10+ years of software development experience for custom applications and security solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Python and PySpark to perform data analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS hosting and migration of customer application
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience in implementing many open-source technologies such as Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases.
Nice to have:
- Led software development teams
- Track record of completing successful projects
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.