Security Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Analyze, mitigate or respond to IDS alerts
- Check-in on all security products and systems to ensure proper operation.
- Collaborate with other security and core infrastructure team members to resolve or enhance services
- Enhance Windows third party automated download and patching scripts
- Work with the entire team to resolve, address or POA&M outstanding IAVM
- Create scripts to support log aggregation and analysis
- Working on SaltStack state file enhancements
- Responding to customer requests for changes that could have an impact on security
- At least 12 years experience in infrastructure engineering
- Experience with managing and customizing log aggregation tools such as Splunk, NiFi, etc.
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience with open source security tools (e.g. Security Onion, Alien Vault)
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or other related fields
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a multitude of infrastructure security tools/products performing IDS/IPS, log aggregation/analysis, and vulnerability scanning functions.
- Experience with scripting solutions such as BASH, PowerShell Perl or Python.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as Cisco, RedHat, Microsoft, etc.
- Industry-recognized security certifications such as CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.
- Experience implementing security controls (e.g. DISA, NIST )
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches, and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and PaloAlto.
- Experience working in ever-changing dynamic environments
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Agile: Able to work as part of a team working together to develop a solution for government customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual security processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.