Security Analyst / Information Security Officer (ISO) Support
Security | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide day-to-day support to ISOs.
- Support the develop of System Security Plans (SSPs).
- Support Department of Technology Services (DTS) COO community during Information Technology Security Office (ITSO) assessments,
- Work with the DTS COO community, gathering information in support of remediation efforts.
- Support the creation/remediation/mitigation/closure of POA&Ms and the gathering of artifacts.
- Successfully able to review and interpret scan results and make recommendations.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- NIST 800-53, FISMA compliance experience
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
- Ability to collaborate and review System Assessment Reports (SARs), and convey technical information within documents to System Owners, Project Teams, and other applicable Stakeholders
Able to interpret and analyze Vulnerability Reports for scans completed on systems
Experience using a tool, most preferably Cyber Security Asset Management (CSAM), to create Control Implementation Statements, make controls available for use by others and inherit controls from others, create and update POA&Ms, develop Security System Plans.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Sec +, CEH+, CISA, or CCSK,
- Attention to Detail Very thorough when providing technical information and documentation to leadership and stakeholders.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to convey technical information, provide information, resolve their problems, or exceed their expectations; and commitment to providing quality products and services.
- Written and Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively with the ability to influence changes in processes and behaviors; Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgments to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make sound recommendations.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.