Scripting automation engineer
Software Engineers | Hampton, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5 years of experience with Software development or scripting using Python, BASH/Shell, GIT, Java, or Golang.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – primarily: EC2, S3 buckets, SNS, SQS, IAM, Lambda, AWS Console
- BS degree in computer engineering, computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline
- TS/SCI clearance or “TS/SCI eligible” required.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Docker (creating docker-compose scripts, etc.)
- Kubernetes (orchestrating docker containers)
- HAProxy and/or NGINX (Reverse Proxy in a cloud environment)
- Infrastructure as a code software tool (Terraform)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Image creation tool (Packer)
- Automation build tool (Makefile)
- Understanding of the use and administration of MySQL/Postgresql
- Using Atlassian Tools (Jira/Confluence) for agile development and task assignment/tracking
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and using ACASS/HBSS for maintaining security posture of servers.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.