Python Application Developer - TS/SCI
Software Engineering | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties.
- Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Develop and maintain a Python-based data warehouse processing system running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Analyze system performance and design improvements.
- Perform troubleshooting and perfective maintenance to improve performance and reliability.
- Work closely with ETL engineers, database administrators and business intelligence specialists to incorporate new features and scale the application.
- Utilize best practices for source control, testing, and deployment of software changes.
- Coordinate with the database administrator to implement and maintain ingest of data ensuring integration with data warehouse structure
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Agile development certifications preferred.
- 5+ years in Python Development
- 5 + years experience working with the following:
- Linux Application Administration -command line i.e. bash, zsh
- file system mounts
- Version control i.e. git, svn
- MS Excel (e.g., vlookup, VBA, pivot tables )
- Time management skills and the drive to work with limited supervision within a small teams
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Kibana, Alteryx, or Talend
- Experience with Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Web App development experience i.e. Flask, Django, React, or other like technology
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.digitalageexperts.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.