Python Application Developer
Software Engineering | Springfield, VA | Full Time
PYTHON APPLICATION DEVELOPER
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Coordinate with the database administrator to implement and maintain ingest of data ensuring integration with data warehouse structure.
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery.
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member.
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional assessments of project tasks.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
Develop and maintain a Python-based data warehouse processing system running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Analyze system performance and design improvements. Perform troubleshooting and perfective maintenance to improve performance and reliability. Work closely with ETL engineers, database administrators and business intelligence specialists to incorporate new features and scale the application. Utilize best practices for source control, testing, and deployment of software changes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Linux Application Administration
- command line i.e. bash, zsh
- file system mounts
- Version control i.e. git, svn
- MS Excel (e.g., vlookup, VBA, pivot tables )
- Time management skills and the drive to work with limited supervision within a small team
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Agile development certifications preferred.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Kibana, Alteryx, or Talend
- Experience with Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Web App development experience i.e. Flask, Django, React, or other like technology
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.