Internal Application: Program Engineer - Top Secret
PMO Support | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Engineering and logistics planning.
- Support acquisition planning.
- Technical and systems evaluation of new systems.
- Assist with development of Statements of Work, equipment lists, and technical data packages.
- Coordinate and review final technical documentation to include specifications, engineering reports, and maintenance and user manuals.
- Perform unmanned aircraft testing, to include test planning, range coordination, execution, data collection and analysis, post-test reporting, documentation, and briefing of test results of ground and flight tests and evaluations of aircraft and aircraft systems and sensors.
- Provide strategic guidance to CBP personnel engaged in UAS program development; this will include activities such as: maritime applications, increased weather capability, sensor development for maritime, border, and special location applications, improving UAS mission effectiveness, modeling and simulation, personnel staffing, data transfer input into and out of specified command and control facilities.
- Program development will be executed through the specified guidelines of current operational and procurement procedures established at CBP.
- Serve as a UAS program facilitator/ambassador to other governmental agencies requiring UAS services and/or operating UAS programs.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering plus at least 8 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields plus 12 years of relevant experience in manned or unmanned aircraft system operation and/or acquisition.
- At least 4 years DOD/DHS program experience in engineering and logistics.
- DoD (or DHS equivalent) Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)/Acquisition Core Certified, Level II in Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level II in Test and Engineering, Level I in Career Field Life Cycle.
- Logistics Familiarity with DOD aircraft and mission equipment.
- Requirements Analysis and Management experience.
- Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) Documentation experience.
- Professional, effective communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required to maintain this position.
- A Top Secret Clearance is required.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- DoD Program/Project Management experience.
- Air Vehicle/Systems Engineering experience.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.