Principal Program Management Consultant
PMO Support | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the Life:
As the Principal Program Management Consultant you will apply extensive Federal project and program management, acquisition, engineering, systems integration, program budget, and investment management knowledge and experience, support AMO in modernizing its operations center, aircraft, vessel, and interfacing systems and related business processes. Duties include;
- Defining, structuring, planning, and executing of projects, programs, and portfolios to address mission and organizational needs (e.g., address strategic goals, directives, etc.)
- Planning, facilitating, and developing the gathering, management, and communication of operational (business) and technical requirements;
- Structuring, facilitating, and participating in integrated project teams, working groups, and stakeholder groups;
- Developing information for the Federal budget, investment management, and acquisition processes; Support the leading of submission efforts, as required;
- Briefing and authoring analyses, point papers and other documents for Federal managers and senior executives, including high level analyses of key technical, programmatic, and business issues to support organizational decision making.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering required;
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- At least 15 years of experience in all or most of the following (prefer 20 or more years):
- Extensive experience leading multiple large, medium, and small scale technology and system integration programs and projects as a Federal program manager; Experience with federal programs (strongly preferred);
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of project and program management standards and practices, including work breakdown structures, project scheduling, critical paths, and risk management;
- Extensive experience in all aspects of requirements elicitation, requirements management, and requirements documentation; Extensive experience authoring Mission Need Statements, Concept of Operations documents, Operational Requirements Documents, and similar documentation;
- Experience in the program management of IT and non-IT systems;
- Experience in chartering and leading large-scale integrated project teams, developing communications plans, and managing large scale and interagency stakeholder communications;
- Extensive experience in leading and supporting all facets of Federal acquisition;
- Experience with and knowledge of key Federal Acquisition Regulation aspects for systems and related acquisitions;
- Extensive experience with systems and general engineering standards and best practices;
- Experience with Federal facilities projects (preferred); Experience with Federal facility projects (desired);
- Extensive experience in the federal Acquisition Review Process;
- Engineering Life Cycle; Experience in leading programs through the ARP and SELC practice in federal programs (desired);
- Extensive experience in the Capital Planning and Investment Control process and developing OMB Exhibit 300 business cases for technology and other programs; Experience leading OMB E300 submissions (preferred);
- Knowledge and experience with general management and leadership best practices, including resource management (desired).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.