Part-Time Senior Network Lead Engineer
Networking | Washington, DC | Part Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. Possesses legislative branch experience or similar Government experience outside of the legislative branch. May supervise others. Strong Cisco Skills required
- Architect, document, install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot switches, firewalls, routers, wireless systems, and ancillary support systems.
- Lead projects as an Engineering Lead and/or Project Manager to develop secure resilient systems.
- Develop conceptual designs, schedules, and cost estimates for new and modified systems.
- Monitor, review, analyze, performance tune, and make recommendations that will result in continued optimization of the network.
- Keep OIS abreast of emerging network technologies and the latest network standards.
- Assist network maintenance to include installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Review and analyze current network processes and procedures.
- Develop and recommend improvements to network processes and procedures.
- Implement, manage, and maintain approved network process improvement recommendations.
- Review, analyze, document, and implement disaster recovery plans for the network.
- Research, design, and implement security solutions for network infrastructure.
- Administer and manage firewall security appliances.
- Prepare and maintain conceptual designs, schedules, and cost estimates for new and modified systems.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Recognize, track, report on, and mitigate potential network security vulnerabilities.
- Generate and follow procedures for ensuring the continued reliability of the network.
- Research, compile, and analyze network designs to assist with the resolution of network issues.
- Apply standards, policies, principles, practices and techniques of network engineering and documentation.
- Utilize experience with network protocols, subnets, virtual LANs, firewalls, VPNs, and other common network technologies.
- Configure and maintain multicast technologies.
- Provide data for audits
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 15 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- B.S. or additional 2 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements acceptable Substitution: Education Years’ Experience High School 17 Associate’s 15 Master’s 11
- Cisco networking; network architecture both wired and wireless, Solid network expertise with hands on experience
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.