Internal Application: Office Administrator
Corporate | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Manage the front desk, which includes greeting visitors, receiving packages, processing all mail, answering phone calls, and ensuring all office related company policies are enforced
- Maintain floor plans and seating charts for the office
- Manage communication with office vendors, service providers, and property management
- Coordinate and order supplies for all company-owned locations
- Assist with the planning and execution of company events
- Put together new hire welcome packages
- Schedule working-sessions while also reserving meeting space, ordering catering, confirming attendance, and ordering any necessary supplies
- Schedule interviews, post jobs, and assist the recruiting team with various tasks
- Manage and distribute all office deliveries and ensure that the office and kitchen are well-stocked
- Manage meeting room calendars and expense reports
- Manage travel arrangements including preparing travel and making changes when necessary
- Coordinate with IT on all office equipment
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Outgoing by nature. Do you genuinely love to help others and enjoy meeting new people?
- An organizational dynamo. Do you love to color-code your to-do list? Organize closets for fun?
- A problem solver. We love it when our team can predict or anticipate challenges in advance, and we value suggestions for improvement.
- A quick study. You will partner with various departments such as HR, Recruiting, and Finance, as well as with our hiring managers and senior leaders. Eagerness and willingness to learn, as well as the ability to shift direction easily will be a huge help.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 2+ years of experience in an Office Administrator or similar position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Past experience in a customer facing role and a passion for customer service
- Desire and willingness to wear multiple hats, try new things, and take on new responsibilities as needed with a history of doing so preferred
- Willingness to work onsite in our Fulton, MD office Monday-Friday during core business hours, and a willingness to put in additional hours as needed during events or upticks in business activity
- Past experience handling sensitive information with discretion is highly preferred
- Due to the nature of our Federal contracts, candidates are required to have US citizenship
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- BS/BA is preferred but not required
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.