Office 365 Engineer
Infrastructure | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Office 356 Engineer
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Significant experience with managing, customizing users in an O365 hosted environment for messaging, One Drive, Skype for Business & TEAMS
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
- Expert knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 10 and customizing the user experience.
- Significant experience with Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Proficiency in performance monitoring and mail flow troubleshooting
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and assorted other protocols
- Ability to work with VMWare ESXi and VSphere
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Servers (AWS) – EC2, S3, VPC
- Must have proficient knowledge of Windows 2016
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects; both short term and long term
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 10+ years’ experience in working with PowerShell, Office 365, Azure, Active directory, SaaS, OneDrive, Skype for business, SharePoint
- Public Trust (minimum)
- Working knowledge of ADFS, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions and AD delegation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI and OCSP implementations.
Nice to have:
• Working knowledge of Office 365 management tools
• Experience with Microsoft System Center
• Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
• VMware ESX /6.0/6.5
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.