Network Traffic Analyst, Level 3
Infrastructure | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
We are seeking a Network Traffic Analyst to conduct analysis of collection and open-source data to profile target networks and their activities.
A Day in the life
- Utilizes knowledge of target technologies and digital networks and the applications on them to determine the operating posture of the network.
- Develops techniques to gain more target information.
- Applies analysis techniques against metadata collected from communications systems in order to characterize networks, and accurately report vulnerabilities identified from metadata analysis.
- Analysts should be technology savvy and flexible enough to rapidly shift from one data collection to another. Selects collection of data required for analysis.
- Basic internet research skills and an understanding of telecommunications and computer network communications fundamentals are required.
- Organizes resources and information in support of mission operational requirements.
- Accommodates last minute requirements and has the flexibility to respond to ever-evolving quick-reaction capability requirements. Participation in Analyst-to-Analyst exchanges, seminars, conferences, or other as requested.
The Network Traffic Analyst Skill Level 2 shall possess the following capabilities:
- Apply analytic techniques against metadata collected from communications systems in order to
characterize networks, and to accurately report vulnerabilities identified from metadata
- Conducts advanced analysis of collection and open-source data to profile target networks
- Apply analytic techniques to review relevant content carried in network communications
- Develop techniques to gain target information
- ***Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance***
- 10+ years of network analysis experience to include non-IP networks
- 10+ years of experience with telecommunications, network management systems and network
- Basic data processing skills (scripting in PERL, PYTHON, etc., or equivalent capability)
- Experience using Wireshark and/or Renoir
- Experience in researching and using telecommunications standards (ITU-T Recommendations and IETF RFCs)
- Strong teaming skills to work with other technical disciplines to include signals analysts, protocol analysts, hardware developers, and intelligence analysts
- Strong technical writing skills to articulate requirements to ANR developers as well as developers in other organizations including vendors
- Experience with agency data repositories BLACKPEARL, xKEYSCORE, NKB, etc
- Experience in operating collection front-end systems such as the AST-557, Packet Raptor, AST-128, etc
- Experience with WIRESHARK or similar protocol analysis product
- Ability to diagnose a network protocol using the outputs of standard ageny signals and protocol analysis tools (WIRESHARK, DVT, TAROTCARD, etc.)
What we will provide in return:
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy