Network Security Engineer Level 2
Network Engineers | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Network Security Engineer, you will:
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site unique requirements.
- Organize and direct hardware installations across multiple sites.
- Analyze and recommend hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware.
- Assist with building simulations of proposed systems and provide hardware throughput analyses to system engineers.
- Design and verify test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases.
- Prepare Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses.
- Analyze operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements.
- Review proposed systems, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
- Evaluate current systems and annotate system vulnerabilities.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Network Security Engineer analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional Network Security engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Must meet DoD approved 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II and possess at least 2 of the following vendor certifications: Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA), Sonicwall Network Security Administrator (SNSA), Sonicwall Network Security Professional (SNSP), Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) or Cisco CCNA or higher.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.