Network Intrusion Detection Specialist 3
Network Engineers | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Provides advisory services in terms of Computer Network Defense (CND) analysis supporting active security monitoring missions. Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new opportunities for active/holistic defense against adversarial activities based on vulnerability information to protect agency networks, devices, and information. Assesses and advises of risk mitigation techniques, guidance, and best practices in defending against the most critical cyber threats on a continuous basis. Analyzes and evaluates recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Eight (8) years' experience and a bachelor’s degree in Network systems engineering, programming languages, scientific computing, high-performance computing, or related fields is required. A Masters or Doctoral (PhD) Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience (Masters counts as 2 years, while a Ph.D. counts as 4 years).
- Networking experience to include:
- Internet protocols (like TCP/IP and IPSec)
- Computer Networks Theory and practices
- Network Security
- Three (3) years' experience with commercial, Government off-the-Shelf (GOTS) and/or Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) Intrusion Detection Systems and frameworks (e.g., Bro, Zeek, Bricata, etc.)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.