Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Networking | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Network Engineer you will be responsible for
- All network telecommunication systems.
- You will design networking solutions based off of requirements giving by the customer as well as implement these solutions.
- You will continue to maintain and upgrade existing networking equipment while supporting others on your team with networking questions they have. You will continuously investigate new technologies and research their applicability to different prototype solutions.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Someone who embraces emerging technology and will work with and leverage emerging technologies regularly
- You are able to clearly communicate in a way that both technical and non-technical people.
- Well-rounded and have in-depth knowledge and experience across multiple and varying technologies including Linux and Windows, AWS and other technologies
What we are expecting from you:
- 3-5 years of Networking experience with a solid focus on Cisco or Juniper equipment
- Demonstrated experience working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches, and firewall across multiple product lines including Cisco and Palo Alto
- Ability to work within Linux environments
- Proven ability to quickly learn and keep updated on the latest networking technologies
- At least 5 years of technical experience with a strong fundamental understanding of IT concepts such as AAA, security, operating systems, and networking.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.