Networking | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Contributes to the overall strategic vision of US Marshals agency to analyze requirements, design/test solutions and deploy into production. Strong background in routing & switching, wireless, load balancing, NAC, firewall technologies and sought as a resource for resolution of complex problems. Undertakes complex projects that require coordination across multiple divisions.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Resolving issues that tiers of support have escalated
- Mentoring team members and addressing user needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture
- Monitor network performance and integrity
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification (e.g. CCIE written and above, AWS Solution Architect Associate)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (VM NSX, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- 6 years’ experience
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.