Network Engineers | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Network Architect you will support the day-to-day operation, installation, configuration, and administration of networking environments at the Internet Data Centers and provide routing and switching troubleshooting and support.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Experienced with Cisco Firewalls
- Experienced with Cisco Wireless technologies
- Experienced with Network monitoring solutions
- Experienced with Palo Alto firewalls
- Experienced with Cloud Service Providers
- 10+ years of Network Architect & Engineering experience, specializing in data center architecture
- Strong experience with Cisco Routers (ISR, ASR), Cisco Switches (Nexus, Catalyst)
- Strong experience with OSPF and MP-BGP routing protocols
- Strong experience with Layer 2 switching technologies
- Strong Experience with documentation tools (Visio, Excel, Word)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- CCIE Data Center certification a plus.
- BS in Information Systems or other related field.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.