Mid-Level Computer Support Specialist (Tier II)
Infrastructure | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Install desktop, laptop, and tablet computers, peripherals, and software products for networked and stand-alone environments.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve desktop, laptop, and tablet computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide information, guidance, and instruction on the use of desktop, laptop, and tablet computer hardware and software products.
- Provide desktop, laptop, and tablet computer technical support to USCP users.
- Implement, maintain, test, and administer standardized desktop, laptop, and tablet computer hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Prepare computer equipment for reuse, refresh, or dispose property as approved by USCP personnel.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Implement, maintain, test and administer standardized desktop, laptop and tablet hardware, software and network configurations and troubleshoot the USCP’s distributed computer environment. The Contractor shall prepare computer equipment for reuse, refresh computer equipment as part of the Capital Equipment Refresh Program (CERP) or dispose computer equipment as part of standard property processes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering (Equivalent experience may be substituted for education)
- Current industry certifications desired.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Experience in installing desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for local area network, wide area network and standalone environments.
- Ability to detect, diagnose, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Ability to analyze and assess customers’ service request and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016) and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing trouble-ticketing software for opening/closing tickets.
- Experience in performing software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers configured for desktop, portable, and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating systems, business applications, and computer hardware platforms.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to customers, peers, technical staff and Government employees.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Ability to contact and effectively communicate with customers by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Ability to provide technical support via phone for customers assigned to locations outside the Washington DC Metro area.
- Ability to coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of automation equipment in support of office relocations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.