Master Systems & Security Architect - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of cloud computing to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud-native applications and their environments.
- Assess and understand current computing services’ security postures.
- Provide recommendations for vulnerability remediation and risk reduction.
- Design and implement cloud-native application & platform security controls.
- Perform regular threat models and risk assessments to characterize the risk and severity posture of cloud environments.
- Create various automation tasks to report on deficiencies across the environment and subsequently harden that environment.
- Compile information for various ad hoc requests through a series of tools and scripts that will be created by the candidate.
- Implement & maintain logging, monitoring & security analytics solutions such as Elastic Stack, Splunk, etc.
- Perform Cloud Security Assessments of Cloud platforms/environments using industry-standard frameworks such as NIST, ISO, and CSA-CSM.
- Document technical issues, analysis, client communication, resolutions, and any body of evidence needed to support the client’s A&A process.
- Work with assessment tools such as (WebInspect, Arachni, Burp, Nessus, SonrQube, AppDetective, or other similar testing suites).
You will excel in this role if you:
- Enjoy technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Enjoy establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Enjoy directing and controlling activities for a client and having the overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Enjoy interactions involving client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Enjoy having full decision making and domain knowledge that will have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Extensive experience with scripting/automation languages such as: Python, Ansible/Puppet, Bash, Go, etc..
- Extensive experience executing security engagements during different phases of an application’s lifecycle – assess, design, and implementation.
- Must have significant systems engineering or systems architect experience. Well-versed in on-prem and cloud computing infrastructure environments to include storage, networking, compute, desktop environments, databases, and virtualization.
- At least 15 years’ of applicable technical experience with BS/BA in related technical discipline. At least 19 years of experience required without degree.
- Active TS/SCI.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- At least one professional security certification (CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, AWS Certified Security - Specialty).
- At least one AWS certification.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled