Linux System Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Networking | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
Your Mission: Expand your systems administration skillset within a commercial cloud environment.
Enhance your current skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes administering an enterprise-scale environment using AWS technologies coupled with DevOps methodologies and advanced on-premises labs. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping deliver a nationwide cloud presence within US CYBERCOMMAND for software development, web hosting, research, and more! This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services and the underlying operating systems themselves, to assist customers and end-users with technical issues and requests. This position offers the opportunity to use your existing infrastructure, IT, or systems administration experience and apply it to solve problems with tools and concepts unique to AWS and Cloud Service Provider environments.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Handle incoming support requests and assist customers with questions and problems
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Interact with customers in a Research environment to determine requirements & possible technical solutions
- Use open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technical problem
- Help build and maintain a next-generation, hybrid (AWS + on-prem physical labs) research environment
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: Leverage your existing technical skills to learn AWS and its accompanying tools. As your AWS expertise grows daily, you will help to build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: You work quickly, with a keen sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 8 years of experience with Linux operating system environments.
- Fundamental understanding of IT concepts such as AAA, security, operating systems, and networking
- Experience with Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a support, service desk, or customer service role.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- LINUX certification
- Experience with AWS.
- Familiarity with networking technologies and concepts
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.