Land Mobile Radio Maintenance Technician - Secret clearance
Networking | Parker, CO | Full Time | From $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Applied Insight is seeking a talented SCA Electronics Maintenance Technician. The SCA Electronics Maintenance Technician will provide support to government agency customer and applies versatility and industry-leading technology related to tactical and secure communications.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Implement comprehensive plans, policies and objectives, and provide technical advice to integrate technological applications to enhance customer operational requirements.
- Plan, organize, and conduct studies and forecasts to establish technology for operational support of the law enforcement mission.
- Coordinate with your manager and the customer COR about projected systems, current and planned capabilities, compatibility, costs and benefits, joint agency efforts, and other critical areas.
- Assist in the implementation of nationwide long-term projects in coordination with the Chief Inspector OST.
- Evaluate proposed technical solutions for law enforcement communications and make recommendations to USMS management.
- Identify radio communications requirements, analyze technical solutions, conduct physical surveys, and implement and validate the final solution.
- Serve as a troubleshooter and trainer to resolve operational and technical problems for radio systems, and users, and coordinate directly with the USMS field division leadership and/or representatives from other federal, state, and local public safety agencies.
- Identify technical issues with radio communications experienced by users throughout the customer locations.
- Design modifications and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the communications systems.
- Provide briefings on proposed modifications or enhancements to OST for implementation.
- Work independently to survey wide areas and buildings for proper communications networks.
- Plan, coordinate, build, and install new communication networks.
- Identify technical failures on radio subscriber and infrastructure equipment and work independently to address/fix the failures.
- Install analog and IP based video surveillance cameras, set up secure communication systems, and support GPS tracking.
- Plan, design, and build custom hardware, cables, and components in support of unique communication demands.
- Program, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the following USMS LMR assets: APX 7000, APX 7500, XTS 5000, XTL 5000, XTS 2500, XTS 5000 consolette, Quantar repeater, Astro-Tac receiver, Astro-Tac 3000 comparator, GTR 8000 repeater, GPW 8000 receiver, and GCM 8000 comparator.
- Build radio code plugs for the USMS mission critical operations.
- Update CPS software and firmware for all radio programming computers.
- Prepare, run, and terminate coax, network, and fiber optic cables.
- Test, tune and align duplexers, repeaters, portable radios and mobile radios.
- Set up, configure, and use complex instrumentation to perform communication tests and maintenance.
- Manage encryption keys using the Motorola Key Management Facility (KMF).
- Encrypt radios using Over-the-Air-Rekeying (OTAR) or manually by using the KVL-3000+.
- Analyze and interpret circuit wiring, logic cable diagrams, complete communication systems schematic diagrams, and network specifications for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting, or maintaining the system or device.
- Perform calculations and manipulate test data in order to improve performance and solve problems.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Possess a basic working knowledge of local and wide area networking, subnets, and TCP/IP.
- Experience in installing and maintaining modern IP Radio Networks.
- The ability to work in a high security environment and observe all required security procedures.
- The ability to learn new radio and/or computer hardware and software skills quickly through independent study, formal training, and/or on-the-job training.
- Five years experience in land mobile radio subscriber equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Five years experience in land mobile radio infrastructure equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Active Secret clearance and willingness to undergo the process to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Relocation of the candidate will be considered.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
COVID-19 : Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.