Junior Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Hanover, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking experienced Junior Software Engineers to assist with the design, development, testing, deployment, documentation, maintenance, and enhancement of software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring.
- Works individually or as part of a team
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolves software problem reports
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial OffThe-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Experience developing in UNIX
- Ability to perform shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation
- ***Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance***
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Within the last 2 years, demonstrated experience developing in C++ in a Unix environment
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with using the Unix command line
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Familiar with Agile development best practices
- Familiar with using JSON as a lightweight data-interchange format
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Swarm, Helm, Kubernetes
- Experience developing RESTful services
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.