Internal Application: Junior Cloud DevOps Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and DevOps.
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems and work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to empower your career.
Your Mission: Expand your technical skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Enhance your current software development skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS and Azure technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development, hosting, and research. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS and Azure services, as well as the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Work with cloud native services to implement event-driven architectures via Infrastructure-as-Code.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS, Azure, and accompanying tools daily as you help build and evolve game-changing cloud-based environments.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- No demonstrated work experience required.
- Infrastructure experience on projects with similar engineering processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of professional or academic helpdesk.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Nice to have:
- Performs system integration, system administration, or network engineering task
- Performs tasks in at least ONE (1) of the following
- Windows or Linux server administration
- Integrating GOTS/COTS/open-source solutions.
- Virtualization technology (e.g .VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM, AWS)
- Networking and TCP/IP protocols (e.g. CISCO, Juniper)
- Storage technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS)
- Remote access (e.g. Juniper, SSL, VPN)
- Or other IT infrastructure technologies
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.