ITSM Data Analyst
Other | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Accountable for data strategy and process design supporting the reporting of metrics of service offerings across the COO
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports to all levels from technical staff to executives
- Collaborate with internal resources and customers to gather report requirements, process requirements, and projects’ goals and objectives
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and design and develop appropriate display dashboard
- Write and maintain functional and technical documents supporting the design and development of ITSM processes and reporting tools
- Present data in a way that is meaningful and readily accessible to customers via app
- Act as subject matter expert in process design, documentation development, and execution of procedures required to meet reporting needs
- Participate as a key member of the IT Service Management team
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 2 + years of relevant IT experience in a service desk or helpdesk environment
- 5 years’ experience analyzing and managing complex data sets
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 Service Design, Service Strategy, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement processes
- Expert level designing and executing enterprise reports/dashboards using SQL, Excel, PowerBI, ITSM tools, etc.
- Experience in developing service metrics tuned to specific organizational objectives
- Expert level with Excel, Sharepoint, Visio programs, MSproject
- Self-starter/independent worker/thinker
- Skill to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working with automated ITSM ticketing systems, (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Requests, Configuration Management)
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundations certified
- Experience in ITSM tools such as ServiceNow
- US Citizenship is required
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Working knowledge of COBIT framework
- TBM knowledge
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.