Internal Application: IT Technical Project Manager
PMO Support | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Providing regular project status reporting for internal and external stakeholders, including comprehensive financial management data.
- Planning and executing complex VoIP technology project lifecycle implementations.
- Providing VoIP and Unified Communications project managerial leadership and governance for moderate to large, complex projects involving multiple technologies or representing a significant revenue risk.
- Using technical understanding to ensure engineering milestones are achievable and aligned to solution end state.
- Facilitating the definition and documentation of project requirements, scope, and deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining project plans, action logs, risk, and issue logs.
- Being accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Handling resource forecasting and tracking throughout project lifecycle implementations.
- Applying subject matter expertise on VoIP technologies required to design and deliver custom solutions.
- Clearly define project requirements
- Initiate, plan, execute, control, and properly closeout projects
- Develop appropriate methodologies to track project status and report to leadership and other stakeholders
- Develop effective communication plans across functional teams, to include external and internal organizations, and government personnel to ensure project success
- Identify project roadblocks, develop mitigation, and provide risk assessments
- Meet project schedule deadlines and project deliverable
- Mitigate and control project scope creep
- Properly document integrated project team meetings and provide detailed meeting minutes
- Develop appropriate project documentation to include implementation and deployment plans
- Follow established organizational processes for configuration and change management
- Lead and manage projects supporting IT infrastructure and critical system applications
- Create and deliver presentations to leadership and key stakeholders
- Track and manage weekly progress reports against the plan
- Run prioritization meetings to understand user needs
- Facilitate deployment planning and coordination
- Collect and report on project metrics
- Support projects using various project methodologies such as Agile, Hybrid, or Scrum
- Utilize Jira and Confluence to manage project tracking, reporting, and customer dashboards
You will excel in this role if you are:
a Technical Project Manager that has experience supporting IT infrastructure and application projects. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible to lead and manage assigned projects to completion. The ideal candidate will possess an IT technical background and have demonstrated experience with managing various types of IT projects, experience with implementing various project methodologies, and success of meeting project deliverable on time
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience with managing projects supporting IT infrastructure or applications
- Development of project documentation
- Preferred experience managing IT projects in an Agile or Hybrid development system
- Demonstrated experience developing project plans such as project objectives, information specifications, schedules, deliverables, and risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (nice to have):
- PMP, CASM, or similar project management certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.