Internal Application: IT Support Specialist
Networking | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the Life:
As part of the AMO IT support team, specifically provides the support to help identify IT equipment to procure and manage AMO hardware and software configuration, and to coordinate with AMO property management on IT equipment. This includes CBP desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, peripherals, and other devices, as they evolve in the market and are accepted into the enterprise. Also provides desktop IT and user support, as required and as permitted by system access.
- In consultation with CBP Office of Information and Technology (OIT) on requirements and current standards, conducts market research for new AMO IT equipment and software, and advises AMO staff on those most appropriate to their needs.
- Provides technical evaluations and recommendations of proposed and existing Automatic Data Processing/Electronic Data Processing (ADP-EDP) systems.
- Serves as the owner/maintainer of the AMO list of approved hardware/software. Updates the list, as new items are put into inventory and approved by OIT.
- Attends technical training and conferences relating to existing or proposed ADP-EDP systems.
- Coordinates with the OIT on any technical matters to include issues related to configuration of hardware/software, Outlook accounts, electronic distribution and email list.
- Administers the AMO Network Drive, including reconstruction, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Reports to the Local Property Officer (LPO) any computer equipment that is put into service, moved (physical location or personnel assignment), or decommissioned.
- Maintains computer/peripheral supplies and works with AMO personnel to reorder, as needed.
- Sets up audiovisual equipment for conferences, meetings, etc., as needed.
- Installs new computers and peripherals on user desks, loads software, installs cables, and familiarizes users with these systems, as necessary. Transfers and copies software programs and data. Software loading may include coordination with OIT and software vendors.
- Performs onsite troubleshooting, debugging, and repair of computer-related equipment, in coordination with OIT.
- Performs maintenance on AMO computer-related equipment. Performs drive backups, when required.
- Coordinates any warranty or maintenance work with OIT and vendors, as required.
- As office reorganizations and other workspace moves occur, coordinates the movement of IT hardware: disconnects systems, ensures proper packing, and reconnects them at new work areas.
- Configures mobile data communication devices (e.g., AirWatch) and provides technical support to AMO personnel.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Must have a high school diploma (prefer some college, degree is a plus)
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Must have a positive manner in interacting with others. Must have superior problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have working familiarity and at least one year of experience with the selection, installation, servicing, desktop, and user support for computer, mobile devices, and software (in the range of duties in the previous section), including those currently used by CBP. These include Dell and HP computers, HP peripherals, Apple and Samsung mobile devices, Windows OS, MSOffice, O365, SharePoint
- Must be able to lift and carry IT equipment, as required
- Must be able to travel, locally and long distance, though the rate of travel is expected to be generally low.
- Must obtain a CBP Background Investigation.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.