Infrastructure Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the System Administrator you will troubleshoot and solve technical problems in both Linux and Windows environments via phone, email, chat and ticketing systems. You will support daily IT operational activities as well as a variety of specific research projects/needs.
You will excel in the role if you possess:
- An instinct for troubleshooting and the inability to give up (at least until the problem is resolved).
- An eagerness to learn new tools and technologies.
- A desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level.
- The ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team).
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Possess at least 4 years of technical experience with a strong background in Windows (particularly Active Directory) and Linux troubleshooting.
- Experience providing systems and application support for large networks, including hardware and software support, creating and maintaining Active Directory and unix accounts, and resolving tickets in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; understanding, analyzing, troubleshooting.
- Excellent oral and written skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies
BS in Information Systems or similar technical discipline (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance.
- Active DoD 8570 Certification.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM).
- Hands-on experience with storage technologies/protocols (e.g. NetApp, LUN’s, CIFS, NFS).
- Hands-on experience with Networking Devices (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.