Infrastructure Engineer II - Top Secret
Infrastructure | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 3-5 years of experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments.
- Experience with IT concepts such as user account creation, security, operating systems, and networking.
- Experience with systems administration, installation, configuration and troubleshooting, kernel hardening, file system permissions, and maintenance.
- Limited experience in scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, or Python.
- Exposure to automation and CM tools, i.e. SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot them with limited supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Team player who is customer friendly and mission-focused will be an integral part of Support Desk.
- Active TS clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- AWS experience.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Basic understanding of containerization, i.e. Docker.
- Basic understanding of orchestration services, i.e. Kubernetes.
- Current or seeking BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can be a substitute for a BS degree)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.