Infrastructure/Security | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions has been selected to assist the DoD Enterprise DevSecOps initiative by bringing innovative technology to the Armed Services in support of modern, cloud-based software development environments. Specifically, Stratus has been tasked to build a cloud-native access point that will enable software developers throughout the DoD to securely connect and perform secure, modern software development tasks within a commercial cloud.
This is an interdisciplinary effort and includes technologies such as DevSecOps tools, containerization, agile tools, DoD PKI, VPN, boundary defense (IDS/IPS), vulnerability scanning, web application firewalls, Comply2Connect, and end-point scanning and patching. This effort affords our team members the unique opportunity of working with leading-edge cloud computing technologies utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
This is a new-start program for Stratus Solutions, so you will be entering this opportunity on the ground floor. Our team has the freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on customer requirements, best practices, and our recommended design considerations. Stratus Solutions is in the unique position of having successfully completed similar cloud-centric solutions of like scope for other government clients. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our existing staff of cloud computing subject matter experts for knowledge transfer and support throughout this effort.
We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team. This is your opportunity to fuse your in-depth knowledge and experience with the latest in cutting-edge cloud computing technologies.
Your Mission: Expand your cloud administration skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
Enhance your current administration skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS and Azure technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS and Azure services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life: (Just a few things you may do on any given day)
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and Microsoft Azure and accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will bring in desire to experience multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5 years of experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments
- Experience with IT concepts such as user account creation, security, operating systems, and networking
- Experience with systems administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Limited experience in scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, or Python
- Exposure to automation and CM tools, i.e. SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot them with limited supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player who is customer friendly and mission focused
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Willingness to travel within the continental US. (Note- travel is not expected to be constant, but expected to be more frequent in the beginning of this project during the requirements gathering, planning and coordination stages)
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Microsoft Azure experience preferred, but not mandatory
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate,
- Basic understanding of containerization, i.e. Docker
- Basic understanding of orchestration services, i.e. Kubernetes
- Current or seeking BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can be a substitute for a BS degree)
What We Will Provide in Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.