Information Systems Security Officer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
What you will be doing:
This position functions in an environment with exposure to broad sections of cutting edge technology and communications research. As such, the ISSO has an opportunity to apply previous knowledge and problem solving skills to customize requirements to meet specific customer needs. This position provides as much an opportunity to learn and grow as it does to help provide cyber security to a dynamic research environment.
The ISSO will interface with business and technical staff to define and analyze security requirements, and audit these requirements regularly to ensure appropriate security controls are operating correctly and as intended.
- Develops, documents and implements information security procedures to enforce compliance with information security standards and policy.
- Manage the SSP process for all current SSPs and new SSPs.
- Establishes metrics to ensure continuous improvement and ongoing compliance.
- Performs regular audits (system & program level) to monitor, measure, and report on compliance and identify residual risk.
- Conducts vulnerability analysis and threat assessments.
- Evaluates security products and recommends solutions for control enhancement.
- Provides ongoing analysis and assessment in support of incident response activities.
- Evaluates and assesses systems to support compliance verification.
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity planning, testing, and operations.
- Tests and evaluates incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise on information and technology related initiatives.
- Develops programs and conducts education and training in support of security awareness.
- 7+ years acting as an ISSO/ISSE.
- CISSP or CASP certification or equivalent certification required.
- In depth knowledge of NIST and the Certification and Accreditation Process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance or related discipline.
- Top Secret ( with polygraph) Federal Government clearance is required.
- Technical experience working with systems (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.