Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) Level 1
System Security | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), you will:
- Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with Configuration Management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Propose, coordinate, and implement information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Develop and maintain documentation for Security Authorization in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Ensure compliance with system security policy
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational Cybersecurity posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and update the system security plan and other Cybersecurity documentation
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to- day security operations of the system
- Track and ensure appropriate user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Obtain system authorization for ISs under their purview
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Plan and coordinate implementation of IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system assessing the security impact of those changes
- Provide daily oversight and direction to contractor ISSOs
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required Cybersecurity objectives
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Compliance with DoD 8570.01-M with a minimum certification of IAM Level I is required.
- Five (5) years of combined work-related experience in the fields of IT, cybersecurity or security authorization is required. Experience in at least two of the following areas is required: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; or encryption tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with commercial security products, security authorization techniques, security incident management, and PKI and authorization services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or IT Engineering is required. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, four (4) additional years of work-related experience may be substituted.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.