Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Information Security | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Implement/enforce IS security policies, standards, and methodologies
Assist in evaluation of security solutions
Assist with Configuration Management for IS security SW, HW, and firmware
Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
Maintain records, to include system updates
Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce info systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
Maintain operational security posture for an IS/program
Maintain appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program or enclave
Develop/maintain C&A documentation
Develop/update system security plan and other IA documentation
Provide CM for security-relevant IS SW, HW, and firmware
Assist with management of security aspects of IS and perform day-to-day security operations
Develop system security policy and ensure compliance
Administer user identification and authentication mechanism of IS
Plan/coordinate IT security programs and policies
Manage/control and assess impact of changes to security systems
Obtain C&A for info systems
Provide support for program, organization, system, or enclave IA program
Serve as Approval Authority for ISs
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- **Active TS/SCI with Polygraph**
Ten (10) years’ as an ISSO on programs of similar scope, type, and complexity
Experience in at least two (2) of the following AREAS:
Knowledge of current security tools, HW/SW security implementation
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required
DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required
- Domain Area Requirements: Three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations, Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.