Internal Application: Information System Security Officer - TS/SCI with Polgraph
Security | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for an organization's assigned systems to ensure compliance with FISMA and DoD Policies.
- You will get to ensure security activities are implemented throughout the SDLC from beginning to end.
- You will get to ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) documented security policies and procedures including but not limited to Certification & Authorization (C&A).
- You will get to oversee and manage relationships for assigned systems that may be contractor owned and contractor operated, ensuring vendors comply with agency security and privacy requirements.
- You will get to support the development and maintenance of all security documentation such as the System Security Plan, Privacy Impact Assessment, Configuration Management Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test Report and POA&Ms.
- You will get to promote Information Security Awareness and provide training to system owners and system administrators.
- You will get to research assigned IT security systems to provide insight on IT security architectures and IT security recommendations.
- You will get to report, and respond to security incidents.
- You will get to assess vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed and ensure systems are patched and security hardened at all levels of the “stack,” and monitor to see that vulnerabilities are re-mediated as appropriate.
- You will get to join an amazing team that supports you and promotes knowledge sharing.
- You should be capable of exercising independent judgement within broadly defined policies and practices, with experience implementing various information technology solutions and securing complex technical security environments.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- If you are an out of the box thinker who is open to helping your customers find alternative solutions to manage their security posture.
- If you are able to communicate effectively and decisively with all levels of the organization and be able to solve practical problems as well as exercise sound judgement with regards to sensitive and confidential information.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Seven years experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five years of ISSO experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Current CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate) or CSSLP.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Technical experience working with systems (Linux, Windows, etc.)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.