Information Assurance Engineer II
Security | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Information Assurance Engineer, you will provide technical and programmatic IA support for network and information security systems. Designs, develops and implements security requirements. Prepares documentation from information obtained using accepted guidelines (e.g., DITSCAP, RMF, etc.). Prepares Security Test and Evaluation plans and provides C&A support. Analyzes policies and procedures against established laws and regulations and provides recommendations for closing gaps. Develops and completes system security and contingency plans. Develops, tests, and integrates security tools. Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to lessen identified risks. Evaluates, develops and enhances security requirements, policy and tools. Performs vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies.
You will excel in this role if you are:
Experience designing, developing, implementing, and enforcing security requirements. Expertise preparing Security Test and Evaluation plans.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- IAT Level II, HS
- 11-14 years experience
- BA/BS plus 5-10 years
- MA/MS plus 3-6 years
- Has provided certification and accreditation support
- Experience developing security plans and contingency plans
- Familiar with developing, testing, and integrating security tools as well as configuring and installing the tools
- Skilled in conducting security audits and developing mitigations to identified risk
- Has conducted vulnerability assessments.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.