Full Stack Developer - Clearable
Software Engineering | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
Your Mission: Provide cloud engineering for a cutting edge telecommunications research industry
We are seeking smart, creative engineers to provide software development & integration services for a cutting edge telecommunications research laboratory. You will participate in highly visible research projects with direct mission impact. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on many different tasks over a diverse set of projects. Tasks include: prototype development, integration, automation, and many more.
A day in the life: (just a few things you may do on any given day)
- Completing a variety of interesting applied R&D tasks ranging from client-side development to full-stack development.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5 or more years of experience performing client-side software development.
- Knowledge of UI frameworks such as Angular, Meteor, ReactJS, or others.
- Knowledge of additional technology stacks.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. 5 additional years of software development experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- US Citizenship.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- Experience with server-side web development.
- Experience with Python.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph. Will consider candidates without security clearances.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.