Full Stack Developer
Software Engineering | Reston, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
DAE are specialists in advancing the U.S. Intelligence Community mission in the cloud, with industry-leading expertise in cloud-native application development, cloud migration, smart lift and shift, and commercial product integration.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Bring modern-day application development capabilities using latest-greatest AWS services
Enhance your current skillset by disrupting traditional processes building a cloud-native using AWS technologies coupled with modern programming languages and methodologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the IC for software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services and a variety of web frameworks and languages (Angular, Django, Python, Java) to create scalable and modern-day cloud-native web applications.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Work remotely from the comfort of your home several times a week.
- Design architecture for modern-day web applications following best-practice patterns using the best services AWS can offer.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Build APIs and backend services using programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, Django, Spring Boot, etc.)
- Work with latest and greatest AWS services or willing to learn (Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Check-in, collaborate and review code using Git for source code version.
- Interact with our entire team using Slack, Jira, Confluence, and virtual meeting spaces.
- Actively participate in Scrum and Agile workflows.
- Enjoys laughing and socializing with like-minded colleagues with a well of experiences and stories.
- Work with and learn from some of the best programmers and designers in the industry.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build modern-day serverless/micro-services based web app UI and backends.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
- Someone looking for culture and fit and not just other positions.
- We not only work hard, but play hard with our regular happy hours, Super Smash Bros./Video Game tournaments, and board game events)
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- At least 5-7 years of technical experience with a strong fundamental understanding of application development.
- Experience building modern web application UI for user workflows (forms, table placement, etc.)
- Previous experience working with UX teams and taking their wire-frame designs and bringing them to life
- Experience with designing and deploying API endpoints
- Experience with designing and deploying Web frontends
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience building web applications to support user workflows
- Experience with web backend integration, including RESTful web services, messaging, user authentication/entitlements, JSON, and user session/preferences management.
- Required to be a U.S. Citizen and able to pass a background check.
What we are desiring from you (i.e., the nice-to-have qualifications):
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory
- AWS Solutions Architect or Developer Associate Certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed, and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard."
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 5 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
www.digitalageexperts.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.