Full Stack Cloud Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Leverage your application development expertise and gain exposure into all aspects of cloud, serverless development, and beyond.
Enhance your current software development skillset by developing back-end and front-end components of a cloud-native, SaaS/PaaS system backed by AWS services and resources. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build the world’s only full-scale emulation platform for AWS, SHIFT. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with both front-end and back-end web development frameworks, AWS services, serverless components (serverless framework, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, etc.) and back-end resources, to efficiently build new functionality and continuously improve user experience. SHIFT is comprised of over 40 different AWS services and provides a great opportunity to leverage existing skillsets while developing new ones.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
Expand upon existing components or develop new components for a web UI to include:
Other Items Added to Roadmap
Expand automated testing suite in support of CI/CD activities.
- Expand upon existing components or develop new components to support additional functionality to include:
Serverless RESTful APIs to support front-end calls
Serverless RESTful APIs to support API-driven services for system-to-system usage
Serverless event-driven microservices to execute automated functionalities
- Develop new features in support of the emulation platform
- Improve upon NoSQL database structure to improve efficiency of DynamoDB
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You leverage AWS and its accompanying services to help facilitate software development efforts.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including modern development tools, languages, frameworks, development/test/QA tools, cloud computing, serverless development, microservices, and automation.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for both commercial and government customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Flexible: You are able to work remotely and be part of a virtual team that primarily communicates via collaboration technologies.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
- What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- Proficient in performing software development, software engineering, or software automation.
- Experience with at least one of the following Languages/Frameworks (Java Spring, Python, Angular).
- Experience with web development frameworks (Laravel, Django, Tornado, etc.).
- Experience with agile software development.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a virtual team.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services cloud computing platform.
- Experience with classified, air-gapped, or high-side AWS Regions.
- Experience with serverless development methodologies, frameworks, and AWS Services (such as Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, etc.).
- Deep knowledge and understanding of AWS SDKs and how they work.
- Experience with CI/CD development tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).Your
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.