Financial Systems Analyst
Program/Project Engineers | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide program management support in developing, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining program and portfolio documentation.
- Monitor detailed cost, actual vs budget trends, and develop forecasts as needed. Highlight cost variances and propose mitigating strategies. Ensure all contingencies are allocated appropriately and reported transparently to the -SBMS PPM Staff during reporting cycles. Prepare and report earned value management EVM data as needed.
- Provide support in the development and analysis of program and portfolio management reports using industry program management standards.
- Prepare and support portfolio and program review presentations tailored to diverse audiences.
- Provide support to the change management process, ensuring project scope is assessed for impact to cost, quality, and schedule with project teams.
- Provide support in the development of appropriate base timelines and milestones, document report changes to the baseline regularly in accordance with the-SBM guidelines.
- Ensure projects have been spending in conformance with approved allocations in coordination with the SBMS-Finance Staff and other relevant resources at the Program Offices.
- Provide support in the development of risks mitigation strategies for investments collaborate, communicate, and document government-approved risk mitigation plans with applicable stakeholders; maintain and update documentation for those risk management plans.
- Develop and maintain an organizational resource pool and align resources to strategic objectives.
You will excel in this role if you are:
• Well organized.
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
• Familiar with waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
• Have strong communications skills, written and verbal.
• Possess strong stakeholder management skills.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
Temporarily - Remote
- 11 years relevant experience in financial, project, and portfolio management.
- Extensive experience with Excel:
- to capture and record important data
- using shortcuts and formula functions
- building charts and graphs
- sorting and filtering data Utilizing pivot tables.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- BA/BS in project-related discipline, PMP certification, or at least four additional years’ experience
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Advanced degree
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.