Corporate | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Setup people and projects in accounting system and ensure complete documentation.
- Participates in the planning, tracking analysis, and reporting on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
- Develops and maintains both revenue recognition and management of Estimates to Complete (ETCs), Estimates at Completion (EACs), burn rate analyses, and related cost analyses.
- Provide financial reports detailing monthly progress of projects to end users (Project Managers, Finance, Executive, Customers)
- Responsible on a project level for analytical support, funding balances and project cost variances.
- Work with Project Leads to identify and communicate any risks such as cost overruns, under spending, vacancy issues etc.
- Identify issue potential identifiable issues including costs charged to a contract where the Period of Performance has ended, inaccurate revenue and profit recognition, unapproved workforce charging, etc.
- Tracking customer accounts receivable
- Investigating any lengthy outstanding accounts receivable and resolving any issues
- Managing the financial administration of any subcontractors Managing contract modifications
- Data reconciliation between different accounting systems
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Skills Required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the procurement process of the Maryland Procurement Office
- Good communication skills
- Federal government contracting experience
- Unanet software experience
- Master’s Degree with two (2) years or more of related experience or
- Bachelor's Degree with four (4) years or more of related experience or
- Associate Degree with seven (7) years or more of related experience or
- High School Diploma with ten (10) years or more of related experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.