Exploitation Analyst (EA)
Intelligence | Wahiawa, HI | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
Applied Insight is seeking Exploitation Analysts (EAs) of all skill levels for a variety of roles to support core Intelligence Community (IC) missions through our Next Generation Analysts portfolio. Our national security depends on technology as never before, and this dependence is growing at an ever-increasing rate. As a cyber professional in the intelligence community, you will work as part of a team on the frontlines against our cyber adversaries. Applied Insight needs cyber professionals with technical expertise and a driving desire to remain at the forefront of their field. These opportunities will give you the chance to showcase your talent and expertise while working on the cutting edge of national cybersecurity missions. Join us in helping advance our national security interests as part of the world’s most advanced team of cyber professionals.
As an Exploitation Analyst, you will:
- Apply your deep understanding of adversary networks, network defenses, and cyber network operational capabilities to develop exploitation plans and make operational adjustments as plans are executed.
- Be part of a team, working together with government, military, and contractor personnel to develop shared understandings of intelligence needs, mission relevance, and areas of expertise.
- Apply your innate curiosity and analytical talent to form hypotheses, critically assess and choose analysis techniques, then query, merge, enrich, evaluate, and pivot within data to attain and share insights.
- Distill, document, contextualize and share your findings--including any new tradecraft that you develop--with teammates, stakeholders, and intelligence consumers.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Degree in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, or related field (e.g., General Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Information Assurance, or Computer Security). Note that 18 semester hours of military training/coursework in networking, computer science, or cyber topics is equivalent to an Associate degree.
- Relevant experience must be in computer or information systems design/development/analysis. In addition, it may also include engineering hardware and/or software, programming, computer/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance, systems engineering, and/or network and systems administration. Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis Course) will be considered towards the relevant experience requirement (i.e., 24-week JCAC course will count as 6 months of experience). In some cases, foreign language proficiency may also be used to satisfy experience requirements; recent Interagency language Roundtable (ILR) scores are required to substantiate your proficiency level.
Specific labor category determined by years of experience + educational degrees:
- 2 years’ applicable experience with a bachelor’s degree, OR
- 4 years’ applicable experience with associate degree
- 2 years’ applicable experience with a PhD, OR
- 3 years’ applicable experience with a master’s degree, OR
- 5 years’ applicable experience with a bachelor’s degree, OR
- 7 years’ applicable experience with an associate degree
- 4 years’ applicable experience with a PhD, OR
- 6 years’ applicable experience with a master’s degree, OR
- 8 years’ applicable experience with a bachelor’s degree, OR
- 10 years’ applicable experience with an associate degree
- 7 years’ applicable experience with a PhD, OR
- 9 years’ applicable experience with a master’s degree, OR
- 11 years’ applicable experience with a bachelor’s degree, OR
- 13 years’ applicable experience with an associate degree
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.