Infrastructure | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- The Enterprise Architect will be a hands on senior team member within a small, early-stage enterprise architecture organization.
- The EA will need to balance the potential of enterprise architecture with the realities of a limited mandate and resources to deliver EA services and value to the offices and broader organization.
- The EA may work independently and hands on, supervise and coordinate the efforts of several cross-functional matrixed teams, and support the Lead Enterprise Architect in a strategic capacity.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. (An equivalent combination of other education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered)
- Minimum 15 years of progressively advancing IT experience
- Experience working as an Enterprise Architect within a dedicated enterprise architecture organization (or sub-organization) with responsibilities that include:
- Analyzing complex organizations from an EA perspective, including business strategy and IT systems architecture
- Defining, developing, and maintaining timely and appropriate enterprise architecture deliverables, such as road maps, technology standards, service catalog, business process diagrams, and architectural models
- Defining and developing various as-is and to-be representations and gap analyses of organizations and their IT systems and business architecture
- Deep subject matter expertise and specialization in one or more technology domains, as evidence by hands-on technical assignments and roles, periodic training, and certification(s). The preferred area of expertise is the Platform domain of the Infrastructure Reference Model as defined by the FEA Consolidated Reference Model
- Experience performing the IT Infrastructure Architecture function - from conception to deployment - in a large organization, including hands on experience planning and deploying robust IT infrastructures to support a wide array of platforms, including VMware, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with implementation and architecture of virtualization, private and hybrid cloud computing
- Experience coordinating IT infrastructure requirements with application development teams to plan infrastructure support requirements
- Experience provisioning, administering, and maintaining Linux and Windows Server in the data center.
- Experience with Open Shift 3.0, Docker, and Ansible.
- Experience with scripted stack provisioning and VMware vRA/vRO for automated provisioning
- Experience with various relational database technologies, including: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Informix
Nice to have:
- Formal enterprise architecture training and certification(s) (TOGAF, FEA, Zachman)
- Thorough understanding of traditional and agile project management practices, concepts, terminology, processes, and deliverables, as evidenced by hands on experience projectizing, scoping, and reporting technical projects as well as formal training and certification(s)
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.