Internal Application: Enterprise Architect
Infrastructure | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
The Enterprise Architect has the responsibility for complete system architecture development, and system assessment. The Enterprise Architect has an understanding of concepts and products associated with Gartner Enterprise Architecture framework. The Enterprise Architect understands the merits and appropriate applications of such frameworks and governance. Serves as a subject matter technical expert in areas relevant to the project. Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional forms of knowledge transfer. Key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of reengineering efforts. Provides guidance to the staff on the functional procedures/processes/policies reflecting detailed knowledge. Interfaces with Government management personnel and functional components.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ten years experience with IT projects specializing in the planning and deployment of enterprise architecture solutions, with the ability to develop business architectures to support an organization’s vision, and help align their business processes, people and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership in establishing system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large scale information systems.
- Apply this leadership in any phase of the system development life cycle support as task requirements dictate and may have a high level of expertise in one area.
- Plan, recommend, and perform changes. Utilize an accomplished knowledge of multiple technical disciplines, unique applications, and business management practices to develop technical and/or business solutions to client problems. Assist clients in planning and developing objectives and goals. Support client objectives while conforming to the client’s operating practices.
- May be required to act as a technical supervisor.
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- As appropriate, ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO)
reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across
the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application. Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning and develops
appropriate corrective action.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Project Management experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.