Infrastructure/Security | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
Provide leadership expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and best practices. Ensure alignment of solutions with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines. Translate program requirements into scalable technical solutions, system designs, and evaluate solutions to gain consensus on technical solutions. Research and prototype new solutions, product evaluations and developing technology standards. Provide advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues. Collaborate with product owners, development and operations (DevOps) to design solutions that align with business goals and technology strategy. Qualified candidates will design, architect, and implement of solutions (both cloud and hybrid) that will suit the customer's needs. Must possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as architecture design, infrastructure migration, and deployment.
Provide future vision architecture to expedite delivery of new products and services while meeting cost and risk reduction objectives
Outline current and future vision enterprise architecture, including traceability from business and IT strategies to suggested technologies
Coordinate with architects and business experts across ITD to translate key strategic objectives into actionable and governable roadmaps and designs
Analyze business and technology challenges, assess costs, and recommend solutions
Design and execute proofs-of-concept for critical enterprise capabilities, including building business case with costs, benefits, and efficiency measures
Maintain Enterprise Architecture Framework and Methodology artifacts
Manage and maintain Change Plans and elevation diagrams for all aspects of the environment.
Support VMware on AWS (VMware Cloud) to obtain FedRAMP High ATO
Assist in implementing new AWS solution for Cloud Initiative
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Knowledge of ServiceNow (capabilities)
- Enterprise monitoring solutions (e.g., Solarwinds, OEM, vRealize, NetIQ)
- Experience establishing, delivering, and supporting DevSecOps and Agile delivery models
- Database design and administration
- Developing and documenting Solution architectures for complex, cross-platform systems.
- Service-oriented architecture and best development practices.
- Working with customer line-of-business leadership to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Developing technology and standards profiles and roadmaps.
- Understanding of container platforms
- Developing and publishing content for Microsoft Power BI or similar data analytics tools.
- Developing and publishing content for ArcGIS and related GIS.
- Understanding of security and A&A processes (POAMs, ATOs).
- Identity management technology.
- Strong communications (verbal and written), analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboratively lead teams of USMS- internal and customer engineering resources to achieve technical opportunity through demonstrations, workshops, and proof of concept.
- Act as an interface between the CTO’s Office and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues and technical challenges in the organization.
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how cloud SaaS/PaaS related products add value to the organization.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking #LI-JM1
- 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS Certification a strong plus.
- Proficient with deployment and management of AWS services - including but not limited to: VPC, Route 53, ELB, EBS, EC2, S3
- AWS Direct Connect experience strongly preferred
- Experience in multi-region, multi-tenant environments a plus Preference in EnterpriseArchitecture frameworks, e.g., FEA, DoDAF, TOGAF. (PLUS)
- 7+ year of experience required
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.