Internal Application: Engineering Internship (Summer 2021)
Software Engineering | Fulton, MD | Internship
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life. As the engineering intern you will:
- Architect and automate the deployment of cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes clusters, and/or DevOps pipelines
- Engage in software development activities to support custom-developed infrastructure automation applications
- Build and maintain complex, cloud-based technologies
- Explore multiple cloud solutions providers (CSP’s) and their technologies and services
- Perform machine learning, deep learning, and analysis activities to cloud-based and virtualized datasets
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Interested and show initiative in growing technical skill-set in cloud-based technologies, virtualization, software development, automation, and data analytics
What we are expecting from you:
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and OSI model
- Software development experience (using Python, Go, Java, C/C++, etc.)
- Ability to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Hold U.S. citizenship and be eligible for a U.S. Government Security Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.