eGPL Technician - TS/SCI
Infrastructure | Scott Air Force Base, IL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Create and maintain geospatial databases.
- Extract geographic data from satellite imagery, aerial photography and field reconnaissance.
- Create and collect geographic data and compile it into maps.
- Help analysts visualize the battlefield.
- Prepare military-style briefs covering all aspects of the terrain.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Enjoy working to support warfighters and deployed personnel in defense of our nation
- Are self-motivated.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with USAF enhanced Geospatial Product Libraries (eGPL) and servers
- Experience with GEOINT data supporting AMC threat and risk assessments
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Possess an Associates degree in I.T. related discipline and at least 3 years of technical experience.
- 5 years experience of experience can substitute for an Associates Degree.
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- ArcGIS Specific Training / Certification.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with NGA and/or AMC A2 eGPL product libraries.
- Experience with GEOINT threat and risk assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.